Confectionary Designs is a boutique bakery located in Northern NJ, specializing in custom cakes, cookies, and pastries. Please visit us at http://www.confectionarydesigns.com

Contact Information: info@confectionarydesigns.com / 201-655-2302

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Hazelnut Pastries Wrapped in Filo

A few days ago I wanted to use up some leftover dates from the Cocoa challenge and I made a date pastry wrapped in filo dough. Well, today I had leftover filo dough and wanted to use it up (this could be a never ending cycle!!). Again, I went back to my book Le Cordon Bleu Dessert Techniques and found a yummy sounding recipe that would also use some of my leftover chocolate and hazelnuts from the chocolate-filled dates.

My husband and I both loved the pastries, but I agreed with his suggestion to use a coffee-flavored liqueur instead of the chocolate-flavored. Coffee would definitely complement this delightful petits fours.

Hazelnut Pastries

Ingredients:
  • Filo pastry sheets 
  • 1 Tbsp powdered sugar
  • 1 Tbsp chocolate liqueur (I like to use Godiva)
  • 2.5 ounces grated bittersweet chocolate
  • 3/4 cup finely chopped hazelnuts
  • Honey for finishing (optional)
Directions:
  • Combine hazelnuts, powdered sugar, chocolate liqueur and chocolate for the filling
  • Cut out 3.5" squares of filo pastry
  • Place some of the filling in the middle of the filo and wrap; gather the edges of the pastry to seal
  • Bake at 325F for 10 - 12 minutes
  • Heat honey to the boiling point and brush over the cooked pastries (optional)



2 comments:

  1. Wow, looks really yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds quite good - love hazelnuts and anything!!

    ReplyDelete