Confectionary Designs is a boutique bakery located in Northern NJ, specializing in custom cakes, cookies, and pastries. Please visit us at http://www.confectionarydesigns.com

Contact Information: info@confectionarydesigns.com / 201-655-2302

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Cinnamon Date Petits Fours

I enjoyed making the chocolate hazelnut dates for yesterday's post, but the only problem is I had about 15 leftover dates. OK - so I could have popped them in mouth all day long, but I decided to dust off an old book and look for recipes. The pastry gods must have been smiling on me as I opened the book and, voila!, there was a recipe for Cinnamon Date Pastries on the first page I opened to.

The book this recipe is taken from is Le Cordon Bleu Dessert Techniques.

Cinnamon Date Petits Fours:

Ingredients:
  • 2/3 cup stoned and chopped medjool dates
  • 2 Tbsp. finely chopped almonds
  • 1 tsp. powdered sugar
  • 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
  • 2 tsp brandy
  • Filo pastry sheets
  • butter for finishing
Directions (yields 26 pieces):
  • Make the filling by combining the dates, ground almonds, powdered sugar, cinnamon and brandy
  • Cut 4" x 2" filo strips
  • Fold in the long edges and brush the length with butter
  • Place the filling at one end and roll up

  • Brush with butter
  • Bake at 350F for 10 minutes
  • Cool and dust with powdered sugar

2 comments: