Confectionary Designs is a boutique bakery located in Northern NJ, specializing in custom cakes, cookies, and pastries. Please visit us at http://www.confectionarydesigns.com

Contact Information: info@confectionarydesigns.com / 201-655-2302

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Onsie Baby Shower Cake and Cupcakes

Northern New Jersey

Inspiration for a cake design can come from just about anywhere. I knew I'd turned into a real 'caker' when I starting seeing items such as a scarf and instead of thinking "wow, that's a perfect color for me" I now think "hmmm....how can I interpret that into a cake design."  These thoughts seem to invade my mind with so many other elements that surround me, be it architecture, a painting, or patterns the clouds make in the sky. 

For this baby shower cake we were inspired by the design of the event's invitation. The avocado green and baby blue were a perfect combination for colors and the onsie on the invitation was incorporated into the cake design and the cupcakes. The little sugar bears climbing on the cake were also dressed in onsies!

 

1 comment: