This cake was made for a very special young lady for her 16th birthday party in Howell, NJ. We loved the lime green and aqua color scheme she picked out! The little 'buttons' on her cake mimic the buttons on her invitations and just in case someone didn't know how old she was, we made a big gumpaste '16' for the topper of her cake.
In order to please as many palates as possible, both tiers are a different flavor. The top tier is yellow cake with praline filling and the bottom tier is our popular chocolate cake with cannoli filling (see recipe below).
- 1 lb. Ricotta Impastata
- 1/4 lb. confectioners' sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 oz. chopped semisweet chocolate
- Beat the ricotta and sugar until smooth
- Add the vanilla and cinnamon and mix until incorporated
- Fold in the chopped chocolate