Bergen County Bakery
This cake was created for an elegant yet intimate wedding. We came up with the design based on the bride's dress and bouquet. The dress had slight accents of gold and was covered in beautiful beads. Her bouquet consisted of lilies and greenery so we came up with a design of sugarpaste flowers for this cake.
Usually for all our cakes we use premade Satin Ice rolled fondant which we find is very consistent and easy to use. For this cake we used a marshmallow fondant (see recipe below). Although the cake looked wonderful, we did find the 'home-made' fondant much more work and not as consistent as our tried and true Satin Ice.
- 10.5 ounce bag of marshmallows
- 1 tsp flavoring of choice - optional (vanilla, almond, etc...)
- 2 lbs sifted Confectioners Sugar
- 3 Tbsp Water
- Place marshmallows in a microwave safe container and melt on medium heat until just melted (about 45 seconds).
- Add the water and flavoring of choice and stir with a wooden spoon coated with shortening.
- Add 1/2 the confectioners sugar and mix well; add the other half and mix until incorporated. (note: you may also use your stand mixer with the dough attachment for this step)
- Lightly grease your counter top with shortening and kneed until slightly stiff.
- Wrap in plastic wrap slightly oiled with vegetable oil. Let rest for 24 hours.