We do offer the traditional fare: chocolate cake with cannoli cream, vanilla cake with chocolate ganache, lemon cake with raspberry mousse, red velvet cake with cream cheese filling, etc... Yes, these are all quite yummy but the following is a list of flavor combinations our clients seem to enjoy:
- Banana cake with coconut filling: Fresh pureed bananas are baked into a gently spiced cake. Toasted coconut and coconut curd are whipped together and sandwiched between the banana cake layers.
- Pistachio cake with pistachio cream filling: Sounds like a lot of pistachios, right? Actually, it the entire ensemble comes together perfectly and the touch of saltiness from the pistachios complements the sweet aspect of this cake.
- Double chocolate cake with orange cream filling: Our double chocolate cake uses over 11 ounces of high-quality dark chocolate per recipe (this is triple what most chocolate cake recipes call for)! The orange cream is made with freshly squeezed orange juice and zest.
- Almond cake with apricot filling: This combination comes from my mother's wonderful almond/apricot biscotti. The crumb of the almond cake is very fine and moist and the apricots add the perfect amount of sweetness.
- Sour cream spice cake with brown sugar meringue: The cake is flavored with a light combination of cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. I like to pair this with brown sugar Swiss meringue which has an wonderful rich and silky texture.
- Vanilla cake with mango mousse: To add an extra kick of mango to this cake, I like to stripe each layer with a coating of mango curd before piling on the mousse. Not only does this process taste delicious, it adds some eye-candy with the rich variations of colors (they say "we eat with our eyes").